Success in the manufacturing industry requires producing the right products, in the right quantities, at the right time, with good quality, and at a price the customer is willing to pay. The flexibility to respond to compliance standards and the ever-changing needs of customers, such as providing real-time visibility into global operations, is also imperative for success. Meeting these demands requires the ability to make quick decisions based on accurate data.
Microsoft Dynamics ERP and CRM solutions work like and with familiar Microsoft software. They automate and improve financial, customer relationship, and supply-chain management.
Integrate collaboration and communication
- Deliver a single, real-time view of data from multiple facilities and departments.
- Synchronize communication between engineering, manufacturing, and subcontractors.
- Optimize planning to minimize inventory while meeting customer requirements.
- Share information within your systems through the Web.
Efficiently manage projects
- Provide an accurate overview of project status.
- Track activities and resources at many levels of detail.
- Leverage knowledge and content from existing or prior projects.
Estimate and quote accurately
- Provide accurate quotations based on a real-time view into operations.
- Align customer requirements with your capabilities.
- Record customer requirements accurately.
Provide flexible production planning
- Use data from the entire supply chain to respond effectively to changes and problems.
- Access data through familiar desktop tools.
- Support various manufacturing modes, such as engineer-to-order, make-to-order, make-to-stock, and mixed/hybrid.
New distribution channels continue to grow, while existing channels are expanding with new approaches, such as global sourcing, cross-sell capabilities, third-party logistics, and radio frequency identification (RFID). Distributors are also faced with greater competition and higher customer service expectations. Distribution companies have to implement more advanced management solutions to cope with these changes.
Microsoft Dynamics provides powerful, adaptable solutions that give distributors the tools they need to manage every aspect of their business, from order entry and procurement to sophisticated inventory and shipment management. These integrated solutions can be deployed quickly and inexpensively, without complicated customization or drawn-out implementation projects.
Streamline business operations
- Automate critical business processes, from order capture to inventory replenishment, and help reduce wasteful activities.
- Deliver real-time business intelligence and alerts on the status of the business to management and customers.
- Enable customer self-service through Web portals.
Improve supply chain and inventory management
- Provide easy, real-time visibility into inventory, sales, purchasing, and financial information across multiple locations.
- Accurately track shipping and delivery of parts by integrating Automatic Data Collection (ADC) functionality with enterprise resource planning (ERP).
- Maintain accurate real-time inventory data and optimize layout, picking methods, and movement.
- Create accurate demand forecasts.
Enhance customer relationships
- Help ensure accurate and on-time delivery with powerful customer/supplier integration, planning tools, and company-wide inventory visibility.
- Respond rapidly to unique customer demands, such as specific packaging and shipping requirements.
- Manage customer interactions across multiple communication channels.