The AR and AP Accounting Specialist performs a wide variety of accounting tasks to support the Controller with the accurate and timely reporting of AR/AP and monthly financials in a professional services environment. This is an experienced accounting position that works closely with the Controller and Senior Accountant to maintain business transactions of the organization, applying the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) that includes analytical work and thorough review of financial records. This position requires dedication to the overall company growth strategies to move the company fiscally forward with compliance and integrity.
A/R and A/P Processing:
- Efficiently complete accounts receivable and accounts payable processes.
- Investigate and resolve any discrepancies in invoices and payments.
- Perform collections and investigation on open Accounts Receivables by working closely with clients and internal staff.
- Process client monthly recurring autopayments via ACH and Credit Card.
- Processes Accounts Payable transactions; to include expense reports, vendor invoices, terms account and corporate credit card processing and reconciliation.
- Complete invoice research to ensure proper coding of all Accounts Payable entries.
- Maintain communications and manage vendor relations to include research of vendor inquiries and reconciliation of account discrepancies.
- Follow-up with staff on incomplete time/expense reviews
- Participate and assist in time/expense review and corrections to ensure compliance with company policies.
- Track and reconcile inventory.
Cash Receipts and Bank Deposits:
- Track bank deposits and apply cash receipts to open AR invoices accurately.
- Record daily bank activity in and out of central treasury.
- Participate in assembling financial data for internal and external audits.
- Ensure all documentation is organized and readily available for auditors.
Credit Card Transactions:
- Ensures proper coding for, and enters, all credit card transactions while reconciling against monthly corporate credit card statement.
- Monitor credit card charges, payment discrepancies, refunds, returns, and miscellaneous charges.
- Reconcile credit card statements to ensure accuracy.
Employee Expense Reimbursements:
- Reconcile and process employee expense reimbursements in a timely manner.
- Verify expense reports for accuracy and compliance with company policies.
- Follow-up with employees on missing or inadequate expense backup.
Confidentiality & Ad Hoc Duties:
- Protect the organization’s value by maintaining strict confidentiality of financial information.
- Assist the Controller in performing special projects related to finance and accounting.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the finance team and company operations.
- Associate Degree in Accounting required (Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting preferred)
- 3+ years of applied experience in accounting and finance
- Strong knowledge of MS Office suite and accounting software.
- Experience with bank reconciliation and tracking credit card transactions
- A complete or comprehensive understanding of accounting practices and procedures
- Advanced level of expertise in MS Excel.
- Experience with NetSuite is preferred.
- The ability to act responsibly and ethically when working with sensitive financial information, whether it is information for the company or for individuals.
- The willingness and ability to comply with local, state, and federal financial regulations, as well as the regulations established by the company itself.
- Experience with government contracting organizations preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and insurance.
- Applicants subject to government security investigations and must meet eligibility requirements related to the clearance process.
The majority of work for this role is performed in a home office and/or professional office and interacts with a wide variety of people with differing functions, personalities, and abilities. Telecommuters are expected to have sufficient home office space that appears neat, organized, and professional when on video meetings.
It is Arctic Information Technology, Inc.’s business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
Arctic Information Technology, Inc. grants preference to qualified Doyon Shareholders first, and second to qualified shareholders of other Alaska Native corporations that grant a similar preference in all phases of employment and training, which include, but are not limited to hiring, promotion, layoff, transfer, and training.
Pay Transparency Statement
Arctic Information Technology will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of the other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Arctic Information Technology Inc. is a Federal Contractor and complies with the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA).
Arctic Information Technology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law and the poster is available at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf. For questions on the job posting contact (253) 344-5300.