Arctic IT is always looking for extraordinary talent. We want dedicated, high-energy, growth-oriented professionals who love life and thrive in fast-paced environments. We are humble, creative, supportive of each other, and fiercely competitive in the market. Additionally, we are deeply committed to our core values of communication, focus, and respect.
Our unique business model allows us to attract and retain the best talent from anywhere in the country. Our current IT and Dynamics 365 jobs are listed below. If you are a good fit for our amazing company, then make an introduction and let’s see where this goes!
The Director of State and Local Government (SLG) Business role is accountable for identifying, developing, and closing new and repeat business opportunities with a primary focus on State and Local Governments. This role is a cross-discipline role that includes establishing long-term relationships, identifying opportunities, working with the Arctic IT team to qualify and close opportunities while maintaining key industry and vendor relationships. Normal daily activities include collaborating with internal resources on multiple opportunities simultaneously; utilizing industry-standard best practices and methodologies to perform the highest-quality sales and marketing efforts; building long-term client relationships; and working to continue to grow our client base. This role will focus on expanding the company’s market share of ArcticAscend, and ERP/CRM/Power Platform implementation services.
Sales and Business Development:
- Leads the SLG vertical, including being an escalation point for this vertical, i.e., escalated client situations
- Collaborates with senior management to understand the overall Company vision, strategy (VTO – Vision Traction Organizer) and then cultivate a healthy corporate culture aligned with the company VTO
- Contributes to the SLG Vertical Go to Market Strategy
- Defines individual and overall SLG vertical sales plans that align with the defined strategy/objectives
- Plan, direct, monitor, and coordinate SLG vertical efforts that align with the overall sales strategy
- Responsible for following defined strategies and giving feedback about how they are working from a day-to-day operational perspective
- Collaborate with Marketing to build and execute campaigns that attract quality leads, resulting in increased brand awareness and pipeline growth
- Manage vertical Pre-Sales expense budgets as assigned by VP
- Lead staffing, hiring, and recruiting decisions within pre-approved budgets, as assigned by VP
- Consults, designs, supports, and manages sales of client solutions involving, but not limited to, ArcticAscend, and ERP/CE/Power Platform with a focus on the SLG vertical
- Develop, own, and maintain relationships and new business with Prime and Subcontractors with the sole purpose of generating and closing sales opportunities in teaming and joint venture capacities
- Executes direct sales by building relationships and a revenue pipeline for both new client acquisition and client retention
- Gather requirements and expectations from prospects and work in partnership with the internal team resources to recommend specific products, services, or solutions to prepare opportunities for proposal
- Provide or participate in demonstrations of software solutions to prospects to achieve alignment on the scope of work definition and further develop the opportunity to proposal
- Direct and present new opportunities at weekly internal Opportunity Reviews to get proposal resources assigned to respond to RFPs or prepare Statements of Work, and then, subsequently, participate actively in the standard processes to ensure the response is delivered effectively
- Represent Arctic IT at industry events such as webinars, roundtables, speaking forums, and trade shows when necessary
- Establish and maintain relationships with key vendor contacts, especially Microsoft
- Remain knowledgeable on all services provided and applications implemented by Arctic IT including pricing structures, integration capabilities, core application functionality, partnerships, and vertical-specific functionality, and can speak to Arctic IT’s differentiation and competitive advantage
- Attends recurring sales team meetings and reports accurate status of opportunities and efforts, provides a strategic overview of territory account plan goals, and direction to respective pre-sales and marketing team for related tasks
- Accountable for building own pipeline of leads through standard sales techniques such as cold calling, attending networking events, and evangelizing via social media
- Maintain and strengthen domain knowledge within their industry vertical and be well informed on industry changes; participates, where possible, in organizations directly involved with target markets, and continually works to improve sales techniques and sales knowledge
- Complete standard process for managing leads and opportunities in centralized software and ensure all data is accurate, timely, and complete
- Utilize Microsoft Teams for collaboration and communication for all proposals, Statements of Work, Contract Documents, and any requirement established for the GROW team within Arctic IT’s the sales process
- Store all documents within One Drive for Business or Microsoft Teams related to all work/products responsible or accountable for
- Partner with Deliver Teams to ensure alignment with internal team and client expectations
- Meet or exceed personal sales objectives for the assigned territory
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Communications or related discipline preferred (applicable professional experience can be substituted)
- Minimum 10 years of experience selling IT solutions and services to State and Local Government agencies
- Demonstrated ability to close business across many aspects of an IT services portfolio
- Strong verbal/written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively in a polished, professional, and friendly manner. Public speaking experience required.
- Skill in understanding client needs and providing quality client service.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills, a high level of integrity, fiscal responsibility, critical thinking, and leadership courage.
- Has strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Applicants are subject to background checks, drug testing, and government security investigations and must meet eligibility requirements related to the clearance process
- Valid driver’s license, insurance, and reliable personal vehicle
The majority of work for this role is performed in a home office and interacts with a wide variety of people with differing functions, personalities, and abilities. Telecommuters are expected to have sufficient home office space that appears neat, organized, and professional when on video meetings. Travel is required and varies around 50%.
Arctic Information Technology, Inc. grants preference to qualified Doyon Shareholders first, and second to qualified shareholders of other Alaska Native corporations that grant a similar preference in all phases of employment and training, which include, but are not limited to hiring, promotion, layoff, transfer, and training.
Note: The direct apply link for this job is:
*Hitting the Apply Now button will take you job posting on the Doyon, Limited website. This is our parent company.