Provide technical support to clients by troubleshooting applications, systems access, resolving hardware, software, and network related issues. Utilize pre-defined call and ticket management procedures to identify, resolve, or escalate issues to the System Administrator (Tier 3) and Support Center Management. Document and monitor service requests to ensure the issue resolution meets or exceeds the service level standard. Provide guidance on basic technical topics to Tier 1 Technical Support Analyst. Typically, the Senior Technical Support Analyst will work on resolving intermediate problems, this includes troubleshooting methods such as verifying physical equipment issues, networking problems, uninstalling/reinstalling software applications, verification of proper hardware and software setup, assistance with application navigation and a higher level of end user training with supported business applications.
- Deliver technical client support over the phone, email, chat assist, and onsite
- Works issues thru to completion or to escalation with minimal supervision
- Dispatches for outages or as appropriate (in communication with IT Services Manager)
- Works Tier 2 and Tier 1 issues as needed
- Troubleshoot intermediate complexity workstation and server-based software and hardware issues with:
- Microsoft supported Windows Operating systems
- Microsoft supported Office/O365
- Apple Mac supported Operating systems (workstations)
- Sophos and other major AV brands
- Component failure and pending failure behavior
- Failed startup beep codes
- Computer event logs and 3rd party alerting tools
- Local and network printers, as well as other peripherals such as keyboards and monitors
- Build (image) and deploy workstations and associated peripherals
- Add users and join workstations, to a domain and assign permissions per procedures
- Apply basic troubleshooting to server-based software issues with:
- Cloud Services
- Microsoft Supported Windows Server
- Microsoft Supported Exchange
- Microsoft Supported SQL Server
- Microsoft Supported Terminal Server and Remote Desktop Services
- Knowledge and understanding of DNS, the Internet and mail flow
- Administer Microsoft Office 365
- Manage and delete user accounts
- Manage Exchange/OneDrive/Teams/SharePoint
- Licensing levels to include subscription offerings
- Troubleshoot backup solutions including Barracuda and others
- Learn and understand function of 3rd party applications, as well as troubleshoot with vendor support
- Deep understanding of software business applications
- Communicate with vendors for RMA and troubleshooting purposes
- Maintain/update appropriate documentation including client technical documentation, “how to” documentation, knowledge base articles, internal procedures/processes, etc.
- Accurately enter and maintain issue information including notes and resolution
- Monitoring systems, able to troubleshoot and take corrective action as trained
- Assists with on-boarding projects and various other infrastructure projects as needed
- Perform site visits to clients to assist with field work, ArcticCare Health Assessment and T&M service requests, when coverage allows
- Performs more complex tasks (directly supervised or manager approved) to gain experience or to assist with real-time support needs
- Contribute to team goals such as: SLA requirements, resolution, and client satisfaction
- Actively participates as a member of the Arctic IT team
- Adheres to work group and company polices outlined in Team Member handbook, electronic communication, and other documentation
- Submits timesheets and expenses accurately and timely
- Other duties as assigned
- Possess High school diploma or GED required, some college preferred
- 2 – 4 years of relevant experience in a technical help desk environment and server environment with demonstrated advancement of skills
- Certifications are beneficial but not required. Desired certifications/examinations include CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, MCP/MCDST/MCSA (such as Exam 70-697: Configuring Windows devices or Exam MS-500: Microsoft 365 Security Administration)
- Knowledge of MS Dynamics365 a plus
- Applicants subject to government security investigations and must meet eligibility requirements related to the clearance process
- Pass background checks as needed
- Valid driver’s license, personal auto insurance, and reliable personal vehicle
- Ability to travel to client sites as needed, leveraging personal vehicle for local dispatch
The majority of work is performed in a professional office setting with a wide variety of people with differing functions, personalities, and abilities. Job may require some travel.
It is Arctic Information Technology, Inc.’s business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
Arctic Information Technology, Inc. grants preference to qualified Doyon Shareholders first, and second to qualified shareholders of other Alaska Native corporations that grant a similar preference in all phases of employment and training, which include, but are not limited to hiring, promotion, layoff, transfer, and training.
Pay Transparency Statement
Arctic Information Technology will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of the other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Arctic Information Technology Inc. is a Federal Contractor and complies with the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA).
Arctic Information Technology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law and the poster is available at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf. For questions on the job posting contact (253) 344-5300.
*Hitting the Apply Now button below will take you to the job posting on the Doyon, Limited website. This is our parent company.