Under the supervision of the Manager Support Services, the Technical Support Intern will gain valuable experience learning about troubleshooting techniques to resolve hardware, software, and network related issues. The internship is a full-time, 10-week program which provides the intern to learn about the different career paths within the IT field and gain hands on experience.
- Learn and use available internal tools, programs, and applications to assist in daily tasks
- Work under direct supervision troubleshooting workstation software and hardware and escalating when appropriate for the following:
- Microsoft supported Windows Operating systems
- Microsoft supported Office versions
- Local and network printers
- Apple Mac supported Operating systems
- Sophos and other major AV brands
- Learn and understand user, workstation, and permissions in domain and workgroup environments
- Learn and understand DNS, the Internet and mail flow
- Learn various support components of the Microsoft 365 Administration Portal
- Learn the difference between sync’d and cloud environments
- Learn licensing levels to include subscription offerings
- Learn and perform, under supervised monitoring, various user account actions such as password resets, applying appropriate licensing, litigation hold, and disabling accounts
- Learn and understand backup solutions including Barracuda and other similar applications
- Learn and understand 3rd party applications and Client specific line of business applications
- Maintain appropriate documentation including Client technical documentation, “how to” documentation, knowledge base articles, internal procedures/processes, etc.
- Actively participate as a member of the Arctic IT team
- Submit timesheets accurately and timely
- Adheres to work groups and company polices outlined in Team Member handbook, electronic communication, and other documentation
- Freshman or higher college student in good standing
- Must be a Doyon Shareholder
- Pursuing a career or prior work experience within the following fields: Business, Engineering, or Informational Technology
- 3.0 overall GPA
- Valid Driver’s license, ready access to a registered vehicle and must be able to provide proof of state required insurance on registered vehicle
The majority of work is performed in a professional office setting with a wide variety of people with differing functions, personalities, and abilities. Job may require some travel.
It is Arctic Information Technology, Inc.’s business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
Arctic Information Technology, Inc. grants preference to qualified Doyon Shareholders first, and second to qualified shareholders of other Alaska Native corporations that grant a similar preference in all phases of employment and training, which include, but are not limited to hiring, promotion, layoff, transfer, and training.
Pay Transparency Statement
Arctic Information Technology will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of the other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Arctic Information Technology Inc. is a Federal Contractor and complies with the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA).
Arctic Information Technology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law and the poster is available at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf. For questions on the job posting contact (253) 344-5300.
*Hitting the Apply Now button below will take you to the job posting on the Doyon, Limited website. This is our parent company.