Staying secure while shopping online
With the holiday season upon us, and during a pandemic no less, it’s more important than ever to follow cybersecurity best practices when online shopping.
The Multi-State Information Sharing and Analysis Center (MS-ISAC), a division of the Center for Internet Security, put together this helpful guide on the top 10 Cybersecurity Shopping Tips you should practice to stay secure.
In summary, follow these 10 tips for a safe online shopping experience:
- Avoid using public Wi-Fi for any shopping activity
- Make sure the website is secure
- Know what the product should cost
- Give your debit card a “holiday break” (hint: use your credit card)
- Keep your operating system and software up-to-date
- Be wary of email scams
- Make your account passwords complex
- Only use trusted shopping applications from reliable sources
- Never save your information in a browser
- Keep a close eye on your credit
We hope you find the full article helpful and wish everyone a safe, happy holiday. To share a Word copy of this article with your colleagues, please click the button below to download the document.