Arctic IT is always looking for extraordinary talent. We want dedicated, high-energy, growth-oriented professionals who love life and thrive in fast-paced environments. We are humble, creative, supportive of each other, and fiercely competitive in the market. Additionally, we are deeply committed to our core values of communication, focus, and respect.
Our unique business model allows us to attract and retain the best talent from anywhere in the country. Our current openings are listed below. If you are a good fit for our amazing company, then make an introduction and let’s see where this goes!
The Senior Technical Account Executive role is primarily responsible for identifying, developing, and closing new and repeat business opportunities in the Commercial business market related to Microsoft D365 xRM and ERP. This position partners with the President, General Manager of the National Business Unit, internal teams, clients, and vendors to provide subject matter expertise while exhibiting trustworthy guidance. This position will utilize best practices and methodologies to perform outstanding pre-sales and ongoing account management for our clients to ensure long term client relationships. This is an experienced technical consultant and sales position that requires continued in-depth knowledge of our business applications and the Commercial business vertical.
• Generate and close new and repeat sales opportunities by providing product and technical information in a timely and consultative manner to meet established goals
• Maintain and strengthen domain knowledge within their industry vertical
• Gathers customer requirements and expectations and collaborates with the Arctic IT team to recommend specific products and solutions
• Responsible for preparing responses to RFP’s and presenting to prospects and customers
• Responsible for writing a defined scope of work for potential business and presenting to prospects
• Build and provide demos of systems and software to prospects and customers
• Own and maintain relationship with customers in their Industry; Trusted Advisor from initial sale through lifetime of client
• Ensures that sales opportunities are responded to in a timely manner
• Perform Account Management Touch. Onsite and Remote. Ensure Constant Communication with clients.
• Work with Customer Care on renewals, quotes, invoices, etc.
• Supports marketing team in all marketing efforts specific to their industry vertical
• Perform billable activities on an engagement to design solution in specific functional areas where they have strong domain expertise
• Leverage the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Sales Software to consistently update opportunity status, client communications, and contact information for all accounts touched.
• Represent Arctic IT at industry events, including round tables, speaking forums and trade shows
• Present on industry vertical panels and participate in public speaking opportunities
• Follows up on status of quotes, orders, shipments, and receipts and communicates with clients, vendors, and Arctic IT team members appropriately
• Remains knowledgeable on all applications implemented by Arctic IT, including pricing structures, integration capabilities, core application functionality, and vertical specific functionality
• Understands our competition and their offerings and Arctic IT’s competitive advantage
• Attends sales team meetings to collect and report accurate status of opportunities and efforts
• Strive to meet budget goals, and all sales strategies should be delivered with a high degree of quality and stakeholder satisfaction
• Other duties as assigned
• Tenacious & creative sales approach
• Curious and inquisitive
• Driven and motivated by results
• Strong presenter and influencer
• Excellent written skills
• Organized with good attention to detail
• A self-starter who can spot new opportunities
• Able to work as part of wide and varied team
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Communications or related discipline preferred
• Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience in a professional IT sales and or consulting environment
• Experience with Commercial market partners and customers preferred
• Strong verbal/written communication skills with ability to communicate effectively in a polished, professional, and friendly manner. Public speaking experience preferred.
• Skill in organizing, and managing time across multiple tasks.
• Skill in understanding customer needs and providing quality customer service.
• Ability to work in fast paced environment.
• Valid driver’s license and insurance
• Applicants subject to government security investigations and must meet eligibility requirements related to the clearance process
The majority of work is performed in a professional office setting with a wide variety of people with differing functions, personalities and abilities. Work will frequently require individual to meet with prospects and clients in their work environment and to participate in events. Travel is required and varies around 50%.
Arctic Information Technology, Inc. grants preference to qualified Doyon Shareholders first, and second to qualified shareholders of other Alaska Native corporations that grant a similar preference in all phases of employment and training, which include, but are not limited to hiring, promotion, layoff, transfer, and training.
We’re always hiring. If you think you’d be a good fit and want to work for one of the top IT companies in the U.S., feel free to contact us and submit your resume for review.