Salesforce to Dynamics 365 Sales Migration
Marine Construction Company
Consolidating CRM Systems for a Marine Construction Company
Each of the subsidiary companies was utilizing a separate CRM system. The marine construction company used Salesforce to track contracts and opportunities, while their sister company used Dynamics 365 Sales. This siloed structure worked until the subsidiaries had opportunities to partner together. Joint venture projects generated duplicate data and made reporting up to the parent company a challenge, so they sought a solution that could deliver a more unified view of their companies’ performance.
The marine construction company chose to migrate to Dynamics 365 Sales, because the interface is user-friendly, and the platform is seamlessly integrated with apps across the Microsoft cloud ecosystem. They partnered with Arctic IT to complete the migration as a connected system between the two subsidiaries. Arctic IT cloned the Dynamics 365 environment from the sister company and configured custom apps and user interfaces tailored to the marine company’s requirements.
To improve business process efficiency, Arctic IT developed a variety of solutions including:
- Joint Venture Management Tool – Within the Dynamics 365 CRM editor, Arctic IT designed a joint venture management tool to help determine percentage of project profits, track project responsibilities, and facilitate working with sister companies internally.
- Stakeholder Management Tool – The stakeholder management tool was created to help the marine company define and track who is a prime, sub or competitor – all in one tab.
- Project Risk Assessment (PRA) –By developing the PRA as a data record in Dynamics 365, instead of relying on the previous existing Excel spreadsheet, it is easier to track and report on the necessary information that determines whether to take on a project, such as
- Joint competitor info
- Bid Info Sheet – After the PRA, a bid info sheet is reviewed by upper management to approve moving forward with a project. Arctic IT re-built the document as a Word template that dynamically populates with scoring data from the joint venture, stakeholder management, and PRA tools.
- Competitor Analysis Tracking – Arctic IT configured the records ‘closed as lost’ to allow for editing after closure. The marine company can enter win/loss information regarding the competition to help them make more informed decisions on future opportunities.
- Tiered Security Access – Security access was constructed in tiers defined by the various business units. Overall company access allows the subsidiaries to share contact and company information across systems to avoid duplicates and data discrepancies. Three child roles allow each subsidiary to keep respective PRA reports, bid info sheets, and opportunities confidential. Individuals can seamlessly and securely work across the two companies and consolidate reporting for the parent company using Power BI or SQL reports.
- Centralized Database – Arctic IT designed the flow of data from both subsidiaries to collect in a single, centralized database within Dataverse.
Dynamics 365 provides unparalleled flexibility and user experience customization for the marine company. With this powerful tool, each user can effortlessly edit forms, add fields, and create dashboards on demand. The CRM consolidation between the two subsidiary companies simplifies business collaboration and delivers unified reporting and analytics for the parent company. By leveraging the benefits of a centralized database, the parent company can scale their operations and easily add child roles for new subsidiaries as they grow.
Get in touch with us