Are you interested in learning about project management for technology solutions in the business world? Under the supervision of the Director of Program Services, the Project Management Intern will gain valuable experience within the project implementation life cycle. The intern will be paired up with members of our Program Management team to get a hands-on view.
- Learn about full project life cycle implementation and project delivery from initiation to deployment
- Learn how to monitor a project, ensure it remains on track, meets deadlines, and stays within budget
- Schedule tasks, deadlines, and milestones for resources
- Learn about and support status reports regarding project milestones deliverable dependencies, risks and issues
- Learn about and support department level reporting on project financials, resource utilization, and labor forecasting
- Learn how project team members apply best practices and methodologies to gather requirements, design, configure, and implement software solutions
- Learn about design configuration of solutions including the importance of documentation
- Observe how to delight clients during the implementation process including participating in presentations, requirements and design sessions, workshops, and other important client interactions
- Freshman or higher college student in good standing
- Must be a Doyon Shareholder
- Pursuing a career or prior work experience within the following fields: MIS, Business, or Informational Technology
- Experience with system-based reporting (Power BI, etc.) a strong plus
- 3.0 overall GPA
- Valid Driver’s license, ready access to a registered vehicle and must be able to provide proof of state required insurance on registered vehicle
The majority of work for this role is performed in a home office and interacts with a wide variety of people with differing functions, personalities, and abilities. Telecommuters are expected to have sufficient home office space that appears neat, organized, and professional when on video meetings.
It is Arctic Information Technology, Inc.’s business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
Arctic Information Technology, Inc. grants preference to qualified Doyon Shareholders first, and second to qualified shareholders of other Alaska Native corporations that grant a similar preference in all phases of employment and training, which include, but are not limited to hiring, promotion, layoff, transfer, and training.
Pay Transparency Statement
Arctic Information Technology will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of the other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
*Hitting the Apply Now button below will take you to the job posting on the Doyon, Limited website. This is our parent company.