Provide initial technical support to Clients by troubleshooting applications, systems access, resolving hardware, software, and network related issues. The Technical Support Analyst is responsible for receiving information, diagnosing symptoms, and resolving IT-related problems. This position will need to deliver Client service within specified service levels. Typically, the Technical Support Analyst will work on resolving straightforward problems. This includes troubleshooting methods such as verifying physical layer issues, resolving username and password problems, uninstalling/reinstalling basic software applications, verification of proper hardware and software setup, and assistance with navigating around application menus.
- Firstline responder to incoming issues through chat, email-generated tickets, or phone
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel
- Troubleshoot straightforward workstation-based software and hardware issues with:
- Microsoft supported Windows Operating systems
- Microsoft supported Office/O365
- Apple Mac supported Operating systems (workstations)
- Sophos and other major AV brands
- Component failure and pending failure behavior
- Failed startup beep codes
- Computer event logs and 3rdparty alerting tools
- Local and network printers, as well as other peripherals such as keyboards and monitors
- Assist users with basic “How do I?”, “Where do I?”, etc. type of technical questions
- Understands and troubleshoots basic user permissions and workstation interaction in domain and workgroup environments
- Understands and administers user level tasks in the Microsoft Office 365 environment
- Learn the difference between sync’d and cloud environments
- Learn licensing levels to include subscription offerings
- Learn and perform various user account actions such as password resets, applying appropriate licensing, litigation hold, and disabling
- Assists in system monitoring to identify and react to alerts, backups events, connectivity, and security events
- Learns and understands basic functions of 3rd party applications
- Understands and uses documentation including Client technical documentation, “how to” documentation, knowledge base articles, internal procedures/processes, etc. Suggest updates to existing documents to keep current.
- Accurately enter and maintain issue information including notes and resolution
- Performs more complex tasks (directly supervised or manager approved) to gain experience or to assist with real-time support needs
- Contribute to team goals such as: SLA requirements, resolution, and Client satisfaction
- Adheres to work group and company polices outlined in Team Member handbook, electronic communication, and other documentation
- Other duties as assigned
- Possess High school diploma or GED required, some college preferred
- 2+ years of relevant experience in a technical help desk environment preferred
- Certifications are beneficial but not required. Desired certifications/examinations include CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, MCP/MCDST/MCSA (such as Exam 70-697: Configuring Windows devices)
- Applicants subject to government security investigations and must meet eligibility requirements related to the clearance process
- Pass background checks as needed
- Valid driver’s license, personal auto insurance and reliable personal vehicle
- Ability to travel to Client sites as needed, leveraging personal vehicle for local dispatch
The majority of work is performed in a professional office setting with a wide variety of people with differing functions, personalities, and abilities. Job may require some travel.
It is Arctic Information Technology, Inc.’s business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
Arctic Information Technology, Inc. grants preference to qualified Doyon Shareholders first, and second to qualified shareholders of other Alaska Native corporations that grant a similar preference in all phases of employment and training, which include, but are not limited to hiring, promotion, layoff, transfer, and training.
Pay Transparency Statement
Arctic Information Technology will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of the other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Arctic Information Technology Inc. is a Federal Contractor and complies with the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA).
Arctic Information Technology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law and the poster is available at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf. For questions on the job posting contact (253) 344-5300.
*Hitting the Apply Now button below will take you to the job posting on the Doyon, Limited website. This is our parent company.